$2.8 million Raised to Date
The Zeta Chapter of Kappa Delta House Corporation is proud to announce the First Sorority, First Circle…Continuing the Tradition campaign to secure their continued success at The University of Alabama. Early commitments from generous alumnae, undergraduates, and friends total more than $2.8 million.
This campaign will allow Kappa Delta to rebuild their Chapter House on their historical First Circle location, meet the needs of today’s students, and remain competitive on campus among other sororities who are completing renovations and rebuilds. Kappa Delta alumnae are proud of the location and are excited to create new memories at the new KD house.
With the increasing growth at The University of Alabama, sorority recruitment numbers continue to be the highest in the nation. It is projected that new member class sizes will be 90-120 for the next 10 years. While KD continues to attract some of the top women, they recognized the need to offer better facilities to its members, and a place that all members can gather for meetings and meals.
In the new Kappa Delta house, members will find a modernized facility that will maintain a competitive edge on campus while creating a safe home away from home for the Chapter members, and a home that all Kappa Delta alumnae can be proud to call their own. Barganier Davis Sims Architects Associated has been retained to complete the construction and development of the new facility. Some of the new Chapter House highlights include:
• Increased live-in capacity to 66 members
• Create more personal space for members through two-person bedrooms, including living space
• Provide ample study space, including areas for individual and group study on the second and third floors in addition to the basement, as well as wireless Internet access throughout the facility
• Create a food service area and dining room that will accommodate the entire Chapter
• Improve the community living areas throughout the house for daily use and recruitment
• Provide a Chapter room that can accommodate the entire membership
• New and improved courtyard
• Security system, including camera surveillance
• State-of-the-art technology
• Two entrances: the original entrance facing First Circle and a second entrance facing Magnolia Drive